Saturday, October 15, 2005

The SOMS team comes for a visit

We had lots of fun today! Emma gave me something of a restless night. I would wake up periodically when she was starting to get fussy, and managed to calm her down before she got really worked up. We finally got up at around 5:45 and started our day. We all kept ourselves very busy in the morning, making last minute preparations to the house. Finally, we were ready for our guests.

I had invited the entire EDI and SOMS teams from work to our house for lunch today. Unfortunately, only some of the SOMS team was able to come. They started arriving soon after noon, the first car load being Heidi and James, with Brad and Sandra with them. Vidya and Balaje weren’t far behind them. Last to arrive were Vinni with Shankar and Sonali, and also Deepa. We had quite a full house, with all sorts of children running around.

Kyla kept the younger kids occupied, while the men entertained the older boys in the back yard with a football. It was an absolutely perfect day – almost hot. The temperature must have been in the mid 80’s I would say. I cooked some great chicken on the grill, and we had a variety of rices and other vegetables to go with it. I don’t believe that anyone left the house hungry!

Everyone left at around 3:00. Shortly after that, Melissa left to take her children to their Dad’s house. I tidied up while she was gone. At some point in the afternoon, I started to pursue Melissa’s idea of substituting my Letter from America with this blog.

Later in the evening, Zech, Melissa and I played a game of Phase 10. It wasn’t until Zech and Emma had both gone to bed that Melissa and I were finally able to rest our aching bodies until our own bedtime.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Tim and I think the blog is a great idea, you should put up a couple of photos - the family, your house etc.

Cris C said...

Thanks for your comments folks! We do plan on putting some photos up on the site, but we are exploring some ideas... whether we embed them into postings, or create some sort of an online album.

We also enjoyed the team get-together. It's a pity that more folks couldn't make it. The food was good, wasn't it?