This was a very long day for all of us, but we made it through! It started with Melissa’s alarm clock at 5:00 this morning. She and I both got up. Melissa showered and dressed while I dragged poor Emma out of her crib, woke her up, and fed her. We then roused Kyla and Tyler and got them ready for the day.
Amazingly, we were able to leave the house right on time at 6:00. We made our way to the gas station by the interstate to join the football convoy. We were still there forty minutes later when the last of the coaches showed up. I was fairly livid – I don’t suffer fools gladly. In the end, we left as a family before the others. I was tired of waiting, and Emma was starting to get cranky.
We found our way to the football field in West Nashville without any trouble. It was much colder than of late today – only about 50F with a brisk wind. We all shivered while Tyler’s team lost 0-20. Even so, they had a good game and left fairly happy with their performance.
We picked Zech up on our way home and then went to Dairy Queen for lunch. It was a fairly cheap idea, since all three kids got a free meal for perfect attendance on their various report cards. After that, we were finally able to come home, albeit fairly exhausted.
Tyler and Kyla were picked up by Zeb Waller later in the evening. Taylor had called to ask if Tyler could stay the night, and Kyla took the opportunity to go to. This is a first for her. She has never stayed over at a friends house before, so Melissa and I wondered if we might get a frantic call to pick her up. As it turned out, we didn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment