Thursday, October 20, 2005

More football, Christmas shopping, and sick kids!

We've had a busy five days since I last posted to this blog... I'm going to see if I can remember everything, but if I miss something then Melissa will fill in the blanks.

Overall, it's been busy. One saving grace has been the weather, which has been incredible. We still haven't had a drop of rain all month, so the grass is somewhat brown. It's been unseasonable warm, too. Just the other day we had a record high of 89F! Beat the record by a full 3 degrees.

Emma is still teething and on top of her being sick this means that she is back to getting up at least once every night. That's very draining and although Melissa and I alternate nights it's still leaving us a little cranky.

We drove to Smyrna, Tennessee after lunch on Sunday for one of Tyler's football games. We were playing Bordeaux from South Nashville. This was supposed to be our 'home' game against this team, but we were basically playing on neutral ground. It didn't seem to matter - they slaughtered us 0-33.

Later that evening - once the children were in bed - we did Kyla's Christmas shopping on Amazon.com. We're trying to do a child each month, starting with Emma last month. That way we can spread the cost out a little.

My Six Sigma project had a Master Black Belt review on Monday, and passed with flying colours. I've been able to submit it for contract approval, which is a major milestone for the project. It also means that we are about halfway through the 180 day timeline. Where does the time go? Debbie - my MBB - was very complimentary and told me that I am doing an excellent job. I was pleased to hear that. She also told me that I should consider becoming a black belt at some point, and even a MBB after that. Something to think about.

Also on Monday, Emma went to the doctor. She hasn't been feeling well lately. She was diagnosed as having a nose infection, which didn't really surprise us. Poor little thing. Anyway, she's on some good antibiotics now, so hopefully that will clear her up quickly. On the down side, we think that Kyla and Tyler are now both sick.

I got a flu shot on Tuesday. Blagh. I hate shots! I wouldn't normally subject myself to a flu inoculation, but it has been recommended for travel to Asia.

Anyway, that's about all that I have. I'm sure that Melissa will make an additional posting if I have forgotten anything. Feel free to let us know what you think of this blog. Melissa noticed that several of you had posted comments - thanks for doing that... we appreciate the feedback!

No comments: