Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Preparing for the Holidays

I thought I would make a quick post today to wish everyone (to whom this might apply) a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a nice holiday with lots of good food, plenty of happy times with their families, and a nice nap after it is all over! :)
I'm anxious to start decorating for Chrismtas. This past weekend on Sunday Cris and I worked on hanging Christmas lights on the front of the house. This is the first year since we have lived in this house that we have done this. It was a disaster. I had numerous strands and only 2 of them worked completely. We ended up buying 3 more strands of lights at the store. We tried to hang the lights twice & weren't happy with the results either time. It was starting to get cold and dark so we gave up. We are going to try again this weekend - weather providing.
Today I hung up garland on part of our fence. I'll try to get a picture and add it to a later post. I really enjoy decorating for Christmas - I just hating having to put it all back up.
I hope to take some pictures of our "feast" tomorrow and will try to get those posted soon for anyone interested.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: