Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello, all! A little late but I thought I would post the Thanksgiving pictures and update everyone.
Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was nice to be with the family and to have good food to go along with it. We had a nice time. Unfortunately, Zech and Kyla were both up all night with a stomach bug, which they probably caught from Tyler. On Friday, we quarantined them downstairs on Zech's bed to watch television and to hopefully keep them from passing it to Emma. I spend most of the day (at least it felt that way) cleaning and trying to disinfect the house. By that night, we finally let them come upstairs when Kyla pitifully asked from the top of the stairs if they could come up. They were bouncing off the walls! You could tell they had been quiet all day. With them sick, we weren't able to put our Christmas tree up and decorate it, but that's ok.
On Saturday, we moved my mom in to the house. The original plan was for us to move her in on December 2, but... as usual we changed our minds. So on Saturday morning, Cris, Tyler, and Mal (mom's friend) moved everything in. It wasn't too bad other than a couple of pieces of furniture. I told her that if she decides to move again, the furniture is coming downstairs in pieces. We are all getting settled and adjusting to each other. So far, so good!
Emma news... She is now saying "uh, oh". It is really cute! She is now also saying "momma" on a regular basis but we think she associates the word with food. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. One last piece of big news is that Emma took her first step on the 27th! It wasn't huge, but she did manage to take one single step. We are on our way to walking!
One last piece of news about myself which I have been holding back. I've been a little nervous about sharing this with everyone, but.. I suppose everyone will find out sooner or later. I quit smoking. Let me rephrase, I am trying to quit smoking. I haven't smoked since November 12. Keep your fingers crossed that I continue. Cris is next - once I get through the worst of it.
Hope everyone is well and happy.

No comments: