Lots of news to share with everyone!
We have had all sorts of problems with my van lately. As some of you may already know, I had to have the starter replaced almost 1 1/2 weeks ago, when the van decided to die on me. I've noticed for the last few days that something didn't seem right. I went to have the battery tested and sure enough, it was bad. So I had to buy a new battery and Cris installed it last night.
Football season is officially over. Tyler's team made it to the second round of playoffs, but unfortunately they lost 19 -0 today. They did an excellent job at the game today and played better than I have seen them play in a while. Sadly, it wasn't enough. It was really tearful after the game when the boys received their medals. The coach and most of the team were crying. They had a good season.
Soccer season only has a couple more weeks left. I believe Zech begins his tournament tomorrow night. He had a game today and Cris said they played better today than they have at the last few games. Unfortunately for them, they lost their game as well.
Cris is headed to Memphis on Monday to see the INS & take his civics test. He will also have his interview for his naturalization. We are excited, especially since it seems to be happening faster than we expected.
Emma has officially started eating table food. Tonight was her first night and she had green beans & mashed potatoes. She seemed to enjoy them. She is also starting to stand on her own without holding on. The other night she managed to stand up without holding onto anything. Naturally she did it while I was gone. Cris said it was pay back for her standing on her own (after pulling up) while he was in Nashville. She gets braver every day and stands on her own just a little longer than the day before.
One more last little tidbit of news. We will be having a new houseguest soon. No - not a new animal. No - not a new baby. My mother has decided to move in with us. It will be a benefit to all of us. One - she will save some money (at least that is her reasoning). We'll see how much she actually saves. Two - it will give us a little extra money. Three - free, in-house child care. YEAH! That really isn't one - just in case we are stuck and need her. For those of you who don't know what our house is like - we have 3 stories (levels). The upstairs has 2 bedrooms and a bath. The main level has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, the living room, kitchen and dining room. The bottom level has a den, bedroom, and bath. Mom will take the entire top floor. She will have her bedroom and then a sitting/living room. This will still give her privacy as well since the kids aren't allowed to go upstairs unless she invites them.
We are excited, except it means a whole lot of work. We are moving the things we have upstairs to various places in the house. Of course, I decided that since I am doing that - it would be the perfect time to get rid of a bunch of things. I don't know what I was thinking.
Sorry the post is so long. We had a lot to share!
P.S. Brenda - we still have PLENTY of room for you when you come to visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment