Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! To all of the mothers, grandmothers, step-mothers, mother-in-laws, friends, aunts, etc., etc. Sometimes, I think we all forget that a "mother" does not just have to mean a biological mother. A mother can fall into many categories and we should each appreciate the many "mothers" we have had throughout our lifetimes.


My kids got me today. They made me cry tears of joy. Gosh - and all of this after they had been terrors at the grocery store. We celebrated Mother's Day this evening at our house. Zech will spend the day with his mom and my kids will go to their father's house around lunch time for their normal schedule. Anyways... we had dinner from the grill and the kids helped to clean up afterwards. Then they brought out their cards & gifts.

Their card was amazing & it made me cry it was so sweet. They did the same thing last year & I cried in O'Charleys. At least this time, we were home. Ok - so here is my card. It was so sweet & so thoughtful & so wonderful that I had to share it with you all. And they made it - with their own little hands & their own little words (with minimal help from Cris). This was a card from the heart!

I hope you are able to read a little of what
the boys wrote in the card. The top left is Kyla; top right is Emma; bottom left is Tyler; and bottom right is Zech. It was great! This card alone made my Mother's Day. My kids are all great & I love them so much. I feel lucky & blessed. And I wanted to share it all with you.
So - this is to wish all of the mothers a Happy Mother's Day! I hope that your day is as wonderful & happy & blessed as mine has been. And I promise to write more soon with updates to our crazy household. I just haven't had time lately, but I will post again soon.
Love to everyone!

No comments: