This.... is our life! For the last few weeks, we have been so busy that it's hard to keep up with who is where, when and why. I'll try to hit on the high points from the past couple of months.
School is out for the kids. Needless to say - they are excited. All of the kids had good grades for the last 9 weeks of school. We were excited about that. Zech took an overnight school trip to a place called River Ridge. I honestly don't know any of the details except that he had fun. uhhhmmm.... This was Zech's last year at Capshaw Elementary so next year he will be at a new middle school - Prescott Central. He didn't really have any type of 4th grade graduation, just an awards ceremony. Tyler also had an awards ceremony.
Zech wrapped his soccer season about the middle of May. His team had a pretty good season (Cris could give you all of the stats) and won about as many games as they lost. I think Zech was excited to get back into the game and he has plans to play in the fall league. Cris was able to help coach this season & he enjoyed that almost as much as Zech did playing. I suspect that he will help coach again if not coach his own team. Tyler & Kyla are both still playing baseball. Kyla has one game left this week & Tyler will wrap up next week. Kyla's team is very good. They have only lost 1 game this season. Unfortunately, Tyler's team hasn't done as well and they have lost all of their games. It's been really disappointing for Tyler. Some good news for him is that he was able to participate in a basketball camp with his school's basketball team this past week. He made it through tryouts to be able to participate. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose was but I guess that it gives the coach a chance to see how a couple of new players will interact with the team. Keep your fingers crossed! Maybe Tyler will make the school basketball team next year.
Emma had her second haircut. Her hair has grown so much in the last 6 months and it was beginning to get into her eyes. She did really good and let Aunt Linda snip her some bangs. We didn't want to push our luck. Zech now had reddish/blonde hair. Don't ask because we really don't know why. He likes it so... what can we do? It could be pink. Kyla has normal hair, but she got her ears pierced for the first time. She did really good and didn't cry once.
~ Very little news about Cris & me. Cris travelled to Irving, Texas around the 2nd week of May for work. When he got back, we participated in the Relay for Life, which is an event to raise money for the American Cancer Society. We have participated for the last 4 years or so. Various businesses and/or groups of people form a team and these teams raise money. On the night of the Relay, these teams will set up tents or stations and spend the night walking. There is usually food and all sorts of activities to raise money for the Cancery Society.
~ Cris was promoted to Senior Team Leader.
~ I finished my classes for the Spring semester and will begin my final class tomorrow. I am so excited! The end is finally in sight.
My brain is tired and that is all I can come up with for now. We will be going on vacation to the beach in 2 weeks (Yippee!!) and I will have some more news then. I will try to get some new pictures put up before long as well.
Hope everyone is well and happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment