Friday, December 16, 2005

Emma is walking!

Although it's only been about a week since our last blog entry, a lot has happened in such a short time. The headliner is that Emma is now taking her first baby steps. It really started with a single, tiny step on the 11th, but now she can walk clear across the room - albeit slowly and with something of a wobble. I predict that she will be running by the end of the week! This is, of course, a major milestone for baby, and we are very excited about it.

In other news, Tyler's basketball team ended their tournament hopes last weekend with a 34-36 loss in overtime. It was another excellent game, with the score obviously tied at the end of regulation play. The final two points was scored by the other team in the very last second of the first overtime period. Even though our guys lost, it was still a great game to watch.

We made the decision to try Emma back in Kyla's room again, since Kyla is now sleeping much better through the night. Emma is still waking up with her 8th tooth trying to break through - at least that's what we think the reason is. The good news is that - thus far - we have been able to get to her before she wakes Kyla up.

One major advantage to having Kyla and Emma share a room is that I don't wake the baby up when I get up in the morning. Previously, either my alarm clock, or the sound of my shower, would get her stirring at 5:30 in the morning. Now she tends to sleep a little later, which is better for everyone.

I applied for my US passport on Wednesday, although it will be some 6-8 weeks before it shows up. I am sure that I will feel a little like James Bond with two passports :) but I would imagine that the State Department might take a dim view of my travelling on my British passport now. I need to research that a little more.

On a final note, does anyone want to adopt a cat? We have one that is in danger of losing it's persona grata status in the house since she has taken to peeing in the kids' toy box. Melissa caught her red-handed, or red-tailed, or something yesterday.

I'm just kidding about the offer to give the cat up. She's still welcome around here. If only we could train her to actually use the toilet, and flush when she is done...

No comments: