Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Momma's got a new taxi

Hello!


We have now purchased a new van for our household. It seems very extravagant - 2 new (well new to us) vehicles in the space of a month. I suppose it is a little, but we had planned on needing to replace our old vehicles at about the same time. It wasn't a complete surprise to us.


So - I am (ok - so the bank is) a proud new owner of a 2005 Nissan Quest minivan. It's awesome - as far as minivans go. It met all of our major requirements - rear air conditioning, plenty of cargo space, low mileage, and plenty of leg & elbow room. The second row has captains seats so the kids are separated. There is all sorts of leg room for the middle and back seats. It is very nice & fits our needs. Cris is already trying to plan our next road trip. :)


Here is a picture of the van.
Other news: Not much really. I am working on my class. I will be officially graduated with my associate's degree by the middle of August. And yes - I'm excited. I won't know what to do with myself when I don't have to worry about homework.
The kids are all getting geared up again. The first full day of school is July 31. I'm excited - I don't know about them. They are all kind of "blah" about it. Sports are kicking up again. Zech is going to play soccer this fall. Kyla has decided to play the fall season of baseball. It's a little different from the regular season because it's more laid back. It's more of a learning time for the kids. Tyler isn't doing anything at the moment. He chose not to play football this fall (you really don't hear us complaining). Although, apparently, the high school football coach asked Tyler to play. I think he liked Tyler's size. We'll see about next year.
Emma is ... well, Emma. She is lively, funny, cute and has a red-headed temper. She is so sweet & funny. She talks in pretty good little sentences & has no desire to potty train. Your typical child.
We are all doing well and trying to stay out of trouble. Hope you are all well & happy.

No comments: