Kyla managed to recover from the flu and no one else in the house caught it. We have all had various stages of sinus problems, but that we can handle.
We had our main "Christmas" on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. This consisted of us, mom, Brandon, Mal and Granny. We had a late lunch since it fell on a Sunday this year. Cris decided that he wanted some mincemeat pies for our meal, so... I pulled out the British cookbook that the kids got me a couple of years ago to see if this was something I could do. I decided not to try for the homemade mincemeat and instead ordered it (and some Christmas crackers) from the online store British Home Markets. I did manage to make the pastry for the pies from scratch & what an interesting time that was. I also made some brandy butter to go with it. It all turned out & Cris said that they tasted good. Everyone else enjoyed them as well. I think I've started a new tradition!
After lunch, we opened stockings and the kids opened some of their gifts. The kids had their Santa gifts and the rest of their presents for Christmas morning. We didn't have Zech on Christmas morning (he was with his mom this year), but he came to our house about lunch time. I think that all of the kids (and the adults) were happy with their gifts this year.
We had the tree and decorations all put up by the 27th. And then Emma's birthday was on the 28th. Emma wasn't very impressed. We are having her party on Saturday, but she opened her gifts from us, Mema, and Nana.
We had also mailed in a birthday card to Sprout - which is a child's television channel. They have a "birthday" program which airs several times a day and shows birthday cards that have been mailed in. We watched & they showed her birthday card. Of course, she was like "what IS the big deal" while we were all excited and clapping. Here is her picture:
Sorry about the half-naked baby picture. She enjoys running around in her pajamas all day.That is about it for now. Hope everyone is well, happy and healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment