Well, although it's about an hour past our bedtime, Melissa and I are still up with Emma who is running a 103F fever, so I thought that I might pass the time with a blog entry. We think that she probably has strep throat or something similar, since that seems to be going around town lately. She was at the doctor about a week ago - perfectly fit and healthy - for her one-year check up. Unfortunately, whenever she goes to the doctor well, she always comes home sick... Anyway, Melissa is going to try to get her in to see the doctor tomorrow, so we will know what she has for sure then.
Some statistics from Emma's check-up: Her weight and height are at about the 55th percentile for her gender and age. Her head size (don't laugh) is in the 97th percentile! Yes, the child apparently has a big head. Must be for that big brain, right?
Baby is no longer a baby, either. She is now very much a toddler, since she 'toddles' everywhere. Crawling is definitely a thing of the past, as she can now move around at quite a good pace.
It's been entirely too long since our last blog entry - about two weeks in fact. A lot can happen in such a short time, but I will try to touch on the highlights.
I have been busier than normal at work of late. One of the projects that I am leading is in a critical stage of its life-cycle, and it's all a bit hectic really. We have a deadline to meet, and that's looking a bit shaky at the moment. If we are late, it will only be by a day or two, but that's still a blow.
I've also been spending some time in planning a business trip to India next month. I will be traveling with a colleague, although we will have separate agendas on our arrival there. I'm looking forward to the trip in many ways: most of you know of my love of travel. However, I do know that Melissa is dreading my being gone for that week. The good news is that her mother is going to take time off work to help out.
The weather has been incredibly variable of late. We've had days in the high 60's, and a couple of days when we have woken up to snow! It's actually quite typical of Tennessee I think, but it sure would be nice if it could be a little more predictable.
Both boys are into their respective basketball seasons now, with varying degrees of success. Both teams have played two games, and won one each. The good news is that both boys are really enjoying themselves. Although Tyler has been playing for quite a few years, this is Zech's first year of basketball. He has shown quite an aptitude for the sport.
Well, that's about all that I can think of to add to this post. If Melissa comes up with something that I have missed, I am sure that she will post a follow-up.
See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment