Monday, January 07, 2008

A Brand New Year

Happy New Year!

We hope that you all have had a wonderful holiday season and that 2008 is a fantastic year for you.

We had a nice Christmas. We spent lots of time celebrating with friends & family. Cris' mom, Brenda, was with us for 3 weeks over the holidays. My mom's new husband, Richard, was able to enjoy the chaos that is our Christmas celebration too.

We had our Christmas with the Daniel side of the family (my dad's side) - which was nice. My nephew, Justin, joined us this year. We were really excited because we haven't seen him in several years. It was really nice. We got together, ate a meal, visited, and opened a couple of gifts. Everyone said that it was the best Christmas we've had in a long time.

We celebrated with my mom, her husband & my brother on Christmas Eve. We all had a lot of fun then too. Christmas morning was with the kids & Brenda. The kids were very excited. They got a Nintendo Wii from Santa. They must have been really, really good this year! To be honest, the grown-ups are having a little fun with it too.

New Year's Eve meant Cris' 40th birthday this year! Happy Birthday, honey!!!!!


We celebrated by throwing him a "surprise" party. By surprise, I mean that I had originally thought to throw a surprise party for him. I decided that I wasn't very good at things like that so I told him we should have a party to celebrate his big year. It became a running joke that we were having a "surprise" party. (He always complains that his birthday never quite turns out the way he wants - so I thought he would prefer to plan his own party) We invited some friends & had a pretty good turnout. It was alot of fun and I think that he enjoyed his 40th party. We rang in the New Year with all of the kids (wide awake - including Emma), his mom, and some of our dearest friends. What more could we ask for?!

It has been a really wonderful holiday season. But.... I am glad it is over. I am ready for life to get back to normal. The kids are all great! School is back in session. Basketball has jumped right back into games & practices (for Kyla & the boys). Emma is having some trouble adjusting but that is to be expected. Hopefully she will adjust soon. Cris and I are well.

I am working on getting our holiday pictures up on Flickr - so check back & check it out!


Here is one to tide you over:



We wish all of our friends & family a very Happy New Year! We hope that you are healthy, happy and that 2008 brings all of your dreams true.

No comments: