Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

I had every intention of posting on Valentine's Day, but... well... life got in the way.

So I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Cris and I celebrated ours the weekend before at a bed and breakfast in Monterey, TN. It's only about a 15 minutes drive from Cookeville. The Garden Inn is the name of the bed and breakfast. Cris and I wanted to do something a little nice for each other this year and this is what he found for us. Mom agreed to keep Emma for us so we could have the first night (in 3 years) to ourselves. It was wonderful and we really enjoyed it. After we arrived, we trekked out to Bee Rock, which is only a short hike. It was really cold so we didn't stay out long. Here are a couple of pictures we took.

We had an amazing meal as part of our Valentine's Day special. I've linked the menu (we had the chicken). Breakfast the next morning was just as good. It was an extremely relaxing evening for us. We plan on going back during the spring or summer to see how beautiful it is when everything is green.
We have also had alot of sick people in the house. Two weeks ago Emma came down with strep throat. She shared the love with Tyler the next Friday when he came down with strep throat as well. Thankfully, he is a much better patient than Emma. On Wednesday, Emma went to the doctor - again - to find out that she has RSV, which is a type of respiratory infection. Cris also went to the doctor that day to find out that he had an upper respiratory infection. He missed 2 days of work - so you know that he must have been feeling really bad. Both Cris and Emma seem to be on the mend. Now, my mom and I are feeling sick. It just never ends for us.
The kids have missed quite a few days over the last 2 or 3 weeks either because of illness or snow. Well... imaginery snow. Around here, school officials have been known to close schools for even a threat of snow. It's actually snowing as I write this. We have probably gotten about 2 inches. The kids' birthdays are right around the corner. We have been planning parties and sleepovers. Basketball season is almost over. The boys had their last "season" games today (sadly, both teams lost) and the end-of-season tournament should begin tomorrow. And we quickly shift to soccer season and baseball season. Zech has decided to go back to soccer after trying other sports. Tyler wants to play baseball instead of football. Kyla has decided to try her hand at baseball as well. It should be an interesting season.
That is all the news I have at the moment. Or at least that my little brain can remember. Hope you are all healty and happy.

No comments: