Well, I thought I would take advantage of a small bit of free time and make a post. We have had a couple of birthdays come and go. Tyler celebrated his birthday on February 26. Technically we celebrated the night before. He chose a dinner of spaghetti with peanut pie, as his birthday cake. He simply couldn't wait to open his presents & since he would be going to his dad's the next morning, we let him open them. He was very excited to finally receive the much desired cell phone he has been wanting. I really don't think that a 12 year old boy needs a cell phone, but he seemed to think differently. I told him that we would give him money for his birthday and he wanted the cell phone. He picked out one that is prepaid so the entire thing is his responsibility. I think he was pleased with his birthday.
Kyla also celebrated her birthday on March 2. We had miniature pizzas (canned biscuits w/ sauce, cheese & pepperonis) and birthday cake. She opened her presents before dinner. Poor thing - she exhibited the patience of a saint because I made her wait until Cris and Mom were both home before she could open them. She was very excited. I think her favorite gift was a lunch box that mom gave her.
Unfortunately, Emma picked that day to start throwing up. We went to the doctor the next day and found out that she had a rotavirus. Apparently, a rotavirus is a nasty stomach virus which causes fever, vomitting, diarrea, and stomach pain for 3 - 5 days. Emma finally got over that & started coughing on Monday night. We didn't think much of it & truthfully thought that she was simply milking the pampering she had been receiving. We went to the doctor today & found out that she has 2 very bad ear infections. The one in her left ear is bad enough that the doctor is afraid her ear drum will rupture. On top of the ear infections, she also has her normal cough and wheezing. We are armed with heavy duty antibiotics and steroids to hopefully get all of this mess cleared up. We go back to the doctor on Monday - hopefully we will finally get some good news & Emma will be on the mend. Once she is better though, we will definitely be checking on getting tubes put in her ears.
The boys are finished with basketball. They both had an excellent season. Zech will begin baseball in a couple of months. Tyler is taking a break from baseball (Mom mandated break). All of the kids are doing well. They are actually enjoying their spring break this week and next.
Cris and I are both fine, if not completely exhausted. Emma has been a real handful. I hope everyone is healthy and happy. I will follow-up this post with a couple of pictures from the kids birthdays.
No comments:
Post a Comment